CK5 Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 700r4 Diagram Help/ Stuck In First

D1BADB
05-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone has diagrams for the 700r4. I have an 89 blazer and its stuck in 1st gear. I was pulling the governor out and pulled the cap off of the passenger side which i found out was the wrong, So I am attempting to pull the driver side cap off to replace the hopefully apple-cored governor. But I need to pull the crossmember off to get an angle. Any diagrams would help. Thanks Oh and if anybody knows what i pulled off on the passenger side that would be great.

Bushido
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
If you pulled the cover on the passenger side near the bellhousing,then you pulled the servos out.---Are you sure you're stuck in first and have no other gears? Did you just lose second and it's taking to long to shift into third because there is no second? How was it shifting before the problem,like slowly slipping or just all of a sudden.

D1BADB
05-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah im sure I have no 3rd or 4th it will just rev up in first and definately not shift. It just happened all of a sudden i was doing about 45 and BAM only first and reverse. If my governor is not apple cored i am hoping it is the throttle valve cable that is stuck, I drained my tranny and no particals in the pan and the fluid was nice and red.

schmuck
05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
i would deffinitly check the tv cable and make sure it didnt break

Bushido
05-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Well I would definitely check the easy stuff first but the tv cable is more for shift firmness and the governor controls shift timing.Tv cable and valve very easy to check so might as well rule that out.---Let me check something at work and I'll get back on this later.

NateInChandler
05-27-2006, 09:30 AM
From the sounds of it you have a stuck governer valve or broke the sun shell in the transmission, GM did a crappy job of designing it and they break all the time, Cut your filter open and look for pieces of shiny metal, if there is any, i can about assure you it broke the sun shell... They do make a aftermarket stronger part called "The Beast" its stronger in all the areas it needs to be and will hold up just fine.. The side cover you pulled off is called the servo cover, if you pried at it enough and it didnt come out thats because you half to cut the o-ring after you have the cover loose and pull the oring out of the slot.. Make sure you use a new oring if your gonna put it back on.. nate

D1BADB
05-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks alot I am going to try that today, I have a few buddies coming over and where making a day out of it, I just want my truck on the road for Summer time soon.

big83chevy4x4
05-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah im sure I have no 3rd or 4th it will just rev up in first and definately not shift. It just happened all of a sudden i was doing about 45 and BAM only first and reverse. If my governor is not apple cored i am hoping it is the throttle valve cable that is stuck, I drained my tranny and no particals in the pan and the fluid was nice and red.
gonvernor gear for sure

the sun shell when broken almost always grinds, not to mention that you would have NO working gears.

4X4HIGH
05-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a busted sun shell, time for an expensive rebuild with beefier parts.

Same thing happened to mine a few years ago.

NateInChandler
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
gonvernor gear for sure

the sun shell when broken almost always grinds, not to mention that you would have NO working gears.

Actually big83chevy, Depending on where it breaks you will have engage ment.. Ive seen them break right at the stem and still have reverse and 1st gears only, Ive only seen one break and not be able to move the vehicle, but there was more wrong than just the sun shell in that case.. Im about 60% sure that its his governor valve thats stuck up, but i guess we wil have to wait and see.. Nate