K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > Classified Section > Hauling

Remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Posted in reply to 76zimmer's post starting "good to hear you guys made it back..."
63chevyll
Supporting Member

i Trader: (2 )

Man, that sounds like one hell of a trip. Hope it was worth your while.
63chevyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Posted in reply to 63chevyll's post starting "Man, that sounds like one hell of a..."
POORBOYK5
Supporting Member
Poor and homeless

i Trader: (5 )

GM of the month Winner
Thumbs up

well WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! I'm glad that i was able to do this and help out some fellow CK5ers. Our trip west was pretty uneventful as there were no real issues and we could only do about 55mph. we left the springs wednesday 3/28 and arrived in Greenfield mass 3/30 We stopped on the side of the highway in PA and the state patrol pulled over to check on us, no big deal. He wanted to make sure we didnt need assistance. Then another one pulled over....... we spent the next Hour showing him paper work, receipts, and explaining what the purpose was for every part on our trailer. What a mess that was! Ended up just letting us go, Phew!

Once in mass, I took a trip into town to drop off the 27 Ford Tall T coupe at a friends Tire shop. I literally had people pulling in off the street to see what this trailer full of "junk' was all about. I ended up selling $1100 of merchandise off the trailer right there on the spot! 1 pickup bed and 7 chevy bumpers! That was kinda cool. we only have 2 bumpers and a chevy cab left out of everything.

The return trip was another story. Just getting prepared in mass was a mess. Tons of last minute things that kept popping up. We ended up adding to the back haul for a military guy that needed His 2011 Honda CRV hauled back to Colorado. We thought that would be a nice pad to the wallet! well after accepting, we realized how much more prep we were going to have to do. Find and install a hitch on the Van. No one had one in stock, would have took 3 days to get. So we made one work off of something else. Then we had to check the trailer over. All new brakes, tires, lights and wheel bearings later, it was finally ready. Then the van itself.... I blame my buddy for this one. This van had been sitting for just over a year. I had talked to him multiple times before all of this about getting it pulled out, run, checked over, and repaired as neccessary for this return trip. Well, none of this happened. So we spent 2 days on the van unloading engines, parts and cleaining all the mess out of it. Now on to the fuel situation. This thing has a powerstroke in it. Its set up to run on diesel, waste veg oil and wate ATF. He assured me we had the 150-200 gallons we needed of waste fluid to get us out here cost free. We had 40 gal...... Once we did finally attempt to hit the road late tuesday night, we quickly found out we had a stuck caliper that was belching smoke from the left front wheel. Now, we have to wait till wed morning to get a caliper. All said and done, we hit the road on wednesday at noon, with minor little problems along the way. All in all I can't complain too much about the whole thing. Being the first time we've done this, we knew theyre would be unexpected costs between problems and servicing everything. Having to buy fuel sucked, and I had to take a second week off of work. I'll admit, I'm in the negative after this whole thing, didnt make a dime. I've got to find a way to repay myself 2 weeks pay for the bills mortgate etc, but we're much more prepared to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63chevyll View Post
Man, that sounds like one hell of a trip. Hope it was worth your while.
All in all it was an experience, I learned a lot. We hope to be able to do this again!
YZEATER, Nice to meet you!

THATK30GUY wish my phone would have worked so we could have met.

Dave, Awsome guy! Took the time to show us his toys and chat with us for an hr or so! Glad I got to see the famous IRON MAIDEN and of course that sweet Vette!
Rust Free Junk body parts(beds, doors, fenders, cabs, bumpers, complete trucks)
The Poor Build:

POORBOYK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Posted in reply to POORBOYK5's post starting "well WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! I'm glad that..."
76zimmer
Supporting Member

i Trader: (7 )

GM of the month Winner
It was cool that you guys swung up to my place Geoff...Wish we all would have had more time, it was fun to bs and hang out a little bit, Thanks for the effort and the time to make us rust belt guys some deals on nice sheetmetal...Definitely throw up a thread again if you do another trip...I'll be keeping this in mind for future wants!

RYOKEN: eesh, tonight, I'm contemplating 2 custom rear crossmembers and a $600 custom ss fuel tank.... what the F*CK is wrong with me?!?!?!!? :

CYBRFIRE: Nah, stainless is too brittle man. That would surely explode and kill you to death.
76zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Posted in reply to 76zimmer's post starting "It was cool that you guys swung up to..."
Chevy305
Supporting Member

i Trader: (6 )

GM of the month Winner
So then when's the next trip east?

Build Thread

1974/84 K10 Stepside 450hp 355 w/ FAST EZEFI/NV4500/208/10bolt locked/6lug 14bsf locked/4.10/35" - Street/Trail Toy/Truck Duties
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Hurst Short Throw, Headers/HiFlos, Pypes Exhaust, LSR CAI, LSR Tubular Control Arms - DD/Street Toy
2000 Tahoe 5.3L - Winter DD
Chevy305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #115
POORBOYK5
Supporting Member
Poor and homeless

GM of the month Winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy305 View Post
So then when's the next trip east?
Well, should be in the next couple of weeks. We've put together a small load so far, just trying to figure out what we're going to put on the car trailer. We've got some options. A corvair, elcamino, vega, pinto, 67-72 cab , just trying to make the best bang for our buck. We've also got a load of 88-98 rear bumpers since we sold all 10 of the last ones we brought. I'm enjoying this kind of stuff; sourcing, pulling, brokering, shipping all these "rust free parts". Might have to do More with it, it's almost an addicting hobby. Dave, I got
Your message about tires, but somehow can't find it now?? Where are thy again? I know you said napa, just not sure where that is? I'm interested if we can work something out.
The Poor Build:

Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Posted in reply to POORBOYK5's post starting "Well, should be in the next couple of..."
B.N.Z.MTNS

i Trader: (1 )

[quote=POORBOYK5;3087929]Well, should be in the next couple of weeks. We've put together a small load so far, just trying to figure out what we're going to put on the car trailer. quote]

If you guys find anything from the west slope that you need brought over, I can try to fit something when I come over to get my axles. Still not sure when I'll be over there or when I get the fuel pressure regulator done on our truck, but I'll stay in touch.
B.N.Z.MTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Posted in reply to POORBOYK5's post starting "Well, should be in the next couple of..."
Duntz00
Supporting Member

i Trader: (2 )

GM of the month Winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by POORBOYK5 View Post
Well, should be in the next couple of weeks. We've put together a small load so far, just trying to figure out what we're going to put on the car trailer. We've got some options. A corvair, elcamino, vega, pinto, 67-72 cab , just trying to make the best bang for our buck. We've also got a load of 88-98 rear bumpers since we sold all 10 of the last ones we brought. I'm enjoying this kind of stuff; sourcing, pulling, brokering, shipping all these "rust free parts". Might have to do More with it, it's almost an addicting hobby. Dave, I got
Your message about tires, but somehow can't find it now?? Where are thy again? I know you said napa, just not sure where that is? I'm interested if we can work something out.
How close ya going to be coming to Kentucky? Mnstrburbon has a stepside long bed Im needing brought to Greenup, KY from Buena Park, Ca.
86 GMC k15 woods toy - TBI 305/400/clocked 208, d61 welded and hydro assist, 14bolt ff with a spool, 4,10 gears, 52's front and 56's rear with shackle flip, 38/12.50/15 TSL's on steel wheels with weld on beadlocks

Build thread http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269602

89 Dodge D350 tow pig - Cummins/getrag, straight pipe, and a few other mods

Build thread http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthr...68#post3380168

Local Club:
Appalachian Ridge Runners
Duntz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 AM
76zimmer
Supporting Member

i Trader: (7 )

GM of the month Winner
Hey Geoff, the tires are in Napa, and Iceman says he will make a couple runs your way, he just don't know when. PM on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POORBOYK5 View Post

RYOKEN: eesh, tonight, I'm contemplating 2 custom rear crossmembers and a $600 custom ss fuel tank.... what the F*CK is wrong with me?!?!?!!? :

CYBRFIRE: Nah, stainless is too brittle man. That would surely explode and kill you to death.
76zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #119
POORBOYK5
Supporting Member
Poor and homeless

GM of the month Winner
Dave, think I've found your Chevy to gmc tailgate solution. I've got that strip in my possession ..
The Poor Build:

Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Posted in reply to POORBOYK5's post starting "http://img.tapatalk.com/a6935819-c1e9-c6..."
Chevy305
Supporting Member

i Trader: (6 )

GM of the month Winner
Hey Jeoff you find a new fender for me?

Build Thread

1974/84 K10 Stepside 450hp 355 w/ FAST EZEFI/NV4500/208/10bolt locked/6lug 14bsf locked/4.10/35" - Street/Trail Toy/Truck Duties
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Hurst Short Throw, Headers/HiFlos, Pypes Exhaust, LSR CAI, LSR Tubular Control Arms - DD/Street Toy
2000 Tahoe 5.3L - Winter DD
Chevy305 is offline   Reply With Quote