K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Garage > The Driveway (build threads)

Remove these ads.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Posted in reply to imiceman44's post starting "I'll start with the hood: The pins in..."
DenverBrad

i Trader: (0 )

Thanks guys for all the good info! When I remove the cover from the rear differential I will take some photos and figure out what type rear end it is before I replace the fluid. And I will check those hinge pins for the hood tomorrow and see what I find.
DenverBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Posted in reply to DenverBrad's post starting "Thanks guys for all the good info! ..."
swettysblazer
Supporting Member

GM of the month Winner
Well, its definitely a 12 bolt... that's the main thing you need to know if you are getting parts for it

91 K5 350/700R4/NP241 37" Military Wranglers 4 inch Rough Country 1 inch ORD Body lift 10b/14bsf

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

It may choke Artie, but it ain't gonna choke Stymie!
swettysblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Posted in reply to swettysblazer's post starting "Well, its definitely a 12 bolt......"
Supporting Member

i Trader: (4 )

GM of the month Winner
When you pull the inspection cover off of the rear axle, you don't need to count the teeth, the number of teeth on the ring and pinion will be stamped on the outer edge of the ring gear.

I would vote against camo paint as well if you are trying to prevent an eyesore, but hey, it's your rig.

Martin
82355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Posted in reply to 82355's post starting "When you pull the inspection cover off..."
DenverBrad

Thanks for all the good input! I was going to go with the camo paint since I felt it would best hide defects... But...

Circumstances with my wife in Texas has forced me to reconsider my vehicle situation. I sold the Blazer today I basically broke even on it. I was really looking forward to building this truck! Most of the difficult stuff was already done... I am turning over my subscription to the K5 Forums to the guy who bought the truck from me. He seems to be a good guy and I think he will have the funds needed to actually enjoy the truck.

Ive been on a lot of forums over the years and this forums is DEFINITELY one of the best! Have fun and drive safe!

Peace~

DB
DenverBrad is offline   Reply With Quote