K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > Classified Section > Parts and Trucks Wanted

Remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
xenomarine
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

Loking for a crew cab in a rust free area

i'm looking to buy a crew cab in a non-salted area that I can bring home to connecticut. i have a few requirements for this vehicle.

the needs:
-must pass CT inspection, or be very close to passable. i'll find the inspection checklist in a few minutes.
-must be crew cab (duh)
-little or no rust. solid floors, frame, etc
-not a dually

the wants:
-4 speed manual
-4 wheel drive(not necessary but really REALLY preferred)
-manual windows and locks
-rubber mats, if it is possible
-no diesels
-preferably larger than 350 powerplant, but a 350 would also be more than acceptable.
-gooseneck setup
-older style grille, eg. not the early 90's style

if you're selling a crew cab within 2 or 3 months of now, i am really looking for one. even if you find one in your area, or your friend is selling one, post up. i really would like to find one in california, as i have been there once and liked it enough to want to go back.

Remove these ads.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
imiceman44
Supporting Member

i Trader: (22 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomarine View Post
i'm looking to buy a crew cab in a non-salted area that I can bring home to connecticut. i have a few requirements for this vehicle.

the needs:
-must pass CT inspection, or be very close to passable. i'll find the inspection checklist in a few minutes.
-must be crew cab (duh)
-little or no rust. solid floors, frame, etc
-not a dually

the wants:
-4 speed manual
-4 wheel drive(not necessary but really REALLY preferred)
-manual windows and locks
-rubber mats, if it is possible
-no diesels
-preferably larger than 350 powerplant, but a 350 would also be more than acceptable.
-gooseneck setup
-older style grille, eg. not the early 90's style

if you're selling a crew cab within 2 or 3 months of now, i am really looking for one. even if you find one in your area, or your friend is selling one, post up. i really would like to find one in california, as i have been there once and liked it enough to want to go back.
Well here in CA I am always seing nice cheap clean crew cabs, in fact I just missed a nice clean 91 dually 454 4wd that went for $2200.
It might be hard to find a manual window, most are power everything, but you can easily change that, I have a full set of clean manual doors if it comes to it.
454 trucks I see all day, srw are less available than dually but they are out there.
Do a search on craigslist and you'll find a bunch right now.
If you want someone to go look at it and it's in the Sacramento area, I will do that for the next few weeks until I go back to work.
1985 suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 6.2TD
1977 K5 chalet
1974 suburban 1/2 ton 4x4 350
1970 Chevy LB 2wd 396 BBC 700R4
1967 Pontiac Firebird 400
1965 Chevy Corvair coupe 110
1962 Chevy Corvair Van Greenbriar
1986 Honda 250 XL
1985 Honda Magna V45
1970 Wreidt 19' jet drive boat 455 olds
imiceman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Posted in reply to imiceman44's post starting "Well here in CA I am always seing nice..."
xenomarine
Supporting Member

i would prefer to buy one from or through a member, so that i can be reasonably sure it's up to par with what i need. i can probably only get a week and a half off from work without much of a problem, so i want to be able to get out there, get a transit plate, and get outta dodge within a day or two to start on the long haul home.

i'm willing to pay a decent sum to get a truck that meets my needs - probably more than an average california buyer. anything rust free goes for AT LEAST 5k if it drives down the road in a reasonably straight line, at least around here.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Posted in reply to xenomarine's post starting "i would prefer to buy one from or..."
imiceman44
Supporting Member

i Trader: (22 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomarine View Post
i would prefer to buy one from or through a member, so that i can be reasonably sure it's up to par with what i need. i can probably only get a week and a half off from work without much of a problem, so i want to be able to get out there, get a transit plate, and get outta dodge within a day or two to start on the long haul home.

i'm willing to pay a decent sum to get a truck that meets my needs - probably more than an average california buyer. anything rust free goes for AT LEAST 5k if it drives down the road in a reasonably straight line, at least around here.
Oh you won't have a problem finding that.
I find them everyday from 3k to 4k
But as You said, I won't pay that much for them, and remember it will cost you around $1500 to $2000 to drive it back.
1985 suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 6.2TD
1977 K5 chalet
1974 suburban 1/2 ton 4x4 350
1970 Chevy LB 2wd 396 BBC 700R4
1967 Pontiac Firebird 400
1965 Chevy Corvair coupe 110
1962 Chevy Corvair Van Greenbriar
1986 Honda 250 XL
1985 Honda Magna V45
1970 Wreidt 19' jet drive boat 455 olds
imiceman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Posted in reply to imiceman44's post starting "Oh you won't have a problem finding..."
xenomarine
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imiceman44 View Post
Oh you won't have a problem finding that.
I find them everyday from 3k to 4k
But as You said, I won't pay that much for them, and remember it will cost you around $1500 to $2000 to drive it back.
aye, but that's okay for me because crews around here are more like 8k and up. plus i really want to drive cross-country and see what this country has to offer. it might convince me to move out of new england. also i hate rust, yet live in a terrible rust area.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Posted in reply to xenomarine's post starting "aye, but that's okay for me because..."
scotto0609
Supporting Member

i Trader: (2 )

Look for ex fire company trucks,they are well kept and usually spend the majarity of there time indoors. I lucked into one and it really is nice for a long island truck!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Posted in reply to scotto0609's post starting "Look for ex fire company trucks,they..."
kennyw
Supporting Member
N9PHW

i Trader: (62 )

If you find something near Seattle, I would be happy to check it over for you and work out buying on this end, then getting it ready for the trip back (dropping it off for work at a reputable shop if needed). I've done it for other members who have flown in and drove home and it has worked out well. I just won't have much free time until mid-June between working full time and going to school 4 nights a week.

There are several sites that search craigslist, but this is my favorite:
http://www.searchtempest.com/
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Posted in reply to kennyw's post starting "If you find something near Seattle, I..."
odin

i Trader: (5 )

Im thinking of selling my tow rig.
Its a 2wd 89 GMC 3500 SRW crew with manual windows door locks rubber mats and VERY little rust.
Shoot me a pm if interested.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Posted in reply to odin's post starting "Im thinking of selling my tow rig. Its..."
rompinstompinmudmonkey
Supporting Member

i Trader: (0 )

Ive been toying with the idea of selling the tow rig in my sig. Its an absolutely spotless rust free az truck, but it does have power windows and locks, and is a dually.

The Tow Rig - 89 V30 Crew Cab. Cummins, NV4500HD, NP205, D60F, D70HD, South Bend clutch, Vintage air, Denny T stage 2 fuel pin, 3200 RPM spring
rompinstompinmudmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
xenomarine
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompinstompinmudmonkey View Post
Ive been toying with the idea of selling the tow rig in my sig. Its an absolutely spotless rust free az truck, but it does have power windows and locks, and is a dually.
the tow rig with a cummins and nv4500?

and has it passed emissions? connecticut's emissions laws require testing is the vehicle isn't over 25 years old. i know it's a swap, but i figured i would ask if it passes.

and on an unrelated topic, i know the truck i am looking for may not be found, so i would also be interested in single cab trucks.

dually rigs would also be acceptable if they were the 'stealth' style, aka narrow. the main reason i don't want a dually is i regularly need to park in spots that give my blazer 3" of clearance on either side to fit in the white lines.

also, if anyone is selling a truck AND a car trailer that can fit a fullsize, that's a huge bonus.

man, i'm picky.

Last edited by xenomarine; 05-16-2012 at 10:05 AM.
xenomarine is offline   Reply With Quote