K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge > The Political Party

Remove these ads.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Posted in reply to blazinzuk's post starting "DR is right about the NSA I have a..."
shady
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

I know with my experience, they went back about a week and took all the text messages my son sent and received because he was being charged with felony harassment. I had the list of all of it they got from Verizon given to me by his lawyer since he was 13 at the time.
shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Posted in reply to blazinzuk's post starting "DR is right about the NSA I have a..."
Desert Rat
Supporting Member
Libertas Justitia Veritas

i Trader: (2 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinzuk View Post
I told him I was fine with all the red tape holding them back
My thoughts exactly. Having dealt with the feds for a long time, I'm glad the stumble around half the time afraid to make a decision and by the the time somebody give approval it is too late. That works for me since a lot of the time the real cases are being made by locals and state agencies. Although, the FBI does some good work now and again.

Our great modern Republic. May those who seek the blessings of its institutions and the protection of its flag remember the obligations they impose.

Ulysses S. Grant
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Posted in reply to Desert Rat's post starting "My thoughts exactly. Having dealt with..."
longbedder
Supporting Member

i Trader: (11 )

Anyone who thinks the government is capable of a real conspiracy has never seen the government at work...
'71 C10 Longbed in pieces
'91 K5 Silverado
longbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Posted in reply to shady's post starting "I know with my experience, they went..."
Desert Rat
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
I know with my experience, they went back about a week and took all the text messages my son sent and received because he was being charged with felony harassment. I had the list of all of it they got from Verizon given to me by his lawyer since he was 13 at the time.
If your son was being investigated the police can serve Verizon with what is called a preservation order. They retain all communications and then provide it later to the police. This is a far cry from a live wiretapping though and a step above simply collecting call data records. It is likely they didn't "go back" but had Verizon preserve the data as soon as they initiated an investigation. And, Verizon as I said can go back a week or two but beyond that they usually do not retain the data. I would also bet that they didn't have every single text message he sent. Even with a preservation order some messages fall through the cracks.

Our great modern Republic. May those who seek the blessings of its institutions and the protection of its flag remember the obligations they impose.

Ulysses S. Grant
Old 06-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Posted in reply to Desert Rat's post starting "If your son was being investigated the..."
ryoken
Supporting Member
Vertasaurus

i Trader: (7 )

where's my tinfoil?

but this thread has reminded me of a pet peeve/issue I have with modern day society that the masses just accept as hunky ducky dorey...

targeted marketing.... the data collection, "I need to be shown advertising based on my mouse clicks", etc, etc, etc....... it's soooooo pervasive in society, moreso than some robe/cloak/evil gubmint giant data mining to "get you" conspiracy..

I'll have to start a thread on it...
89 CC dually, aka Mutt.. 454 TBI, SM465/NP205, X-over/hi-steer, 4" EZ rides & DIY4X flip with 56's, Dana 60/70 4:10's and KM2's....
Mutt thread

87 K5. 350 TBI. 700R4/NP205. Dana 60/14FF 5:13's, 35 spline stubs with Rockcrusher Flanges... 38" TSL radials.
K5 Thread

Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinzuk View Post
No 3 alternators would be stupid and excessive, 2 is just good planning.
ryoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Posted in reply to ryoken's post starting "where's my tinfoil? but this thread..."
shady
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
If your son was being investigated the police can serve Verizon with what is called a preservation order. They retain all communications and then provide it later to the police. This is a far cry from a live wiretapping though and a step above simply collecting call data records. It is likely they didn't "go back" but had Verizon preserve the data as soon as they initiated an investigation. And, Verizon as I said can go back a week or two but beyond that they usually do not retain the data. I would also bet that they didn't have every single text message he sent. Even with a preservation order some messages fall through the cracks.
It was done after the fact. they went BACK to get them. after the investigation started. he wasnt even on their radar, then the incident, he ditches the phone, police are involved, and they call verizon.
shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Posted in reply to 62 fat guy's post "So, Edward Snowden...."
jekbrown
Supporting Member
Security Professional

i Trader: (5 )

Article Contributor
Not seeing the problem here... God only knows what the leadership is approving over there right now. Look at what else leadership is approving right now. Fast n furious? IRS? Questionable drone strikes? Support for crazy terrorist revolutions?

Yeah, no way in hell these guys would ever approve anything like an unconstitutional data collection scheme...
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronaldus Magnus.

my 85 K5
jekbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Posted in reply to shady's post starting "It was done after the fact. they went..."
Desert Rat
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
...he wasnt even on their radar,...
Because they told you that right? Like I said though, they can go back a ways, but not forever unless somewhere along the line somebody decided that your son's communications needed to be preserved.

Ulysses S. Grant
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Posted in reply to jekbrown's post starting "Not seeing the problem here... God only..."
Desert Rat
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekbrown View Post
Not seeing the problem here... God only knows what the leadership is approving over there right now. Look at what else leadership is approving right now. Fast n furious? IRS? Questionable drone strikes? Support for crazy terrorist revolutions?

Yeah, no way in hell these guys would ever approve anything like an unconstitutional data collection scheme...
Precisely my issue Jek. It isn't AK-47's, drones or surveillance I have an issue with. It is the egotists abusing them right now that is a serious problem.

Ulysses S. Grant
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Posted in reply to Desert Rat's post starting "Precisely my issue Jek. It isn't..."
Desert Rat
Supporting Member

So it looks like Snowden is hell bent on helping each and every U.S. citizen with his revelations. We can tell this by fleeing first to Russia, then to Cuba, then to Venezuela, then final stop in Ecuador. All countries that have our best interests at heart and whom we can rely on to cooperate with us. This guy needs to have a plane crash in my opinion. A true patriot would have taken refuge in Fox News, CNN, or some other U.S. haven where he could have broadcast his concerns to a media that would have probably been sympathetic. He is now a traitor in my eyes.

Ulysses S. Grant