K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Garage

Remove these ads.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
Taylor

i Trader: (5 )

Ridge runner tires, anyone heard of them?

I got this used truck that came with some 36x14.5x16.5 Ridge runner Rv-Trac tires, there some kind of off market mud terrain tires. 3 of the tires have some good tread left but the 4th is strait bald. Been trying to find someone who sells them, but so far no luck. I tried searching the forums, Google, ebay but no luck, anyone know someone who might sell them?
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
mil_act02
Supporting Member

i Trader: (0 )

Tire search

I did a search and found that these are made by Lee Tire. Here is the web site where you could buy one. http://www.thetireplace.com/ or call 800.592.8892
mil_act02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Hossbaby50

i Trader: (3 )

Ridge Runners SUCK!!!!!!!!!

They are the worst tire I have ever owned. The were on my Jeep when I got it. The PO put them on. He bought them at Discount Tire but I would STRONGLY advise you to get the hell away from them.

Those tires were a major reason I almost died several times in my Jeep. They are horrible on the street and aren't very good on the trail either.

For a long time I just thought my Jeep was supposed to follow grooves in paved roads and be an all around terrible street machine. I found out it wasn't my jeep it was the Ridge Runners that made it drive so horribly.

It would follow grooves in the road horribly. If you were on a street frequented by big rigs you better forget about steering it. It would just pick one groove or the other and you had no choice but to follow it.

There rubber compound is pretty hard and they don't get traction on the street for crap. With my jeeps drum brakes and light weight you might as well have had water under the tires. They would just lock up and slide all over if you needed to brake quickly.

I swapped on my used set of BFG AT's that I had off my K5 and it was a night and day difference. My jeep really didn't drive like a piece of **** and follow all the ruts or have to slide all over the road. It was all the tires.

You couldn't pay me to own another set of Ridge Runners let alone have them on a vehicle I would drive.

Harley
Hossbaby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Posted in reply to Hossbaby50's post starting "Ridge Runners SUCK!!!!!!!!! They are..."
Taylor

mil_act02 thanks for the link!

Hossbaby50, thanks for the honest review, I had a feeling they were not that good of tire. Guess I'll look into some different tires.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
pauly383
Daddy383

Back in the 70's and early 80's I remember them , used to be made by someone else I believe , my moms 80 Blazer had them when she bought it in 83 , pops replaced them with BFG's in 84 and those were on until she got a s-10 Blazer in when the 4.3's came out

**** this , the 83 is going back together , restoration my arse . Should never of tore it down to make buggy . Buggy can wait , wheeling my..... my sons baby can't
pauly383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #6
az-k5

i Trader: (2 )

AFAIK the ridge runner has been discontinued for at nearly 10 years. It was junk then and will be a "may pop" tire on your truck.
az-k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:29 AM
Posted in reply to az-k5's post starting "AFAIK the ridge runner has been..."
Bigazztruck

i Trader: (0 )

I had a set of Ridge Runners on my 91 3/4 ton Sub daily driver for 4 1/2 years..Didn't do much wheelin, but they lasted along time...
Bigazztruck is offline   Reply With Quote