K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > Classified Section > Engine/Tranny/T-case

Remove these ads.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
DaPlumber

i Trader: (0 )

Whipple supercharger 89-95 GM 454 TBI 7.4L

Here is a polished whipple supercharger for 89-95 GM TBI engines. It came off a 90 454SS and it works great. The truck was returned back to stock for sale purposes. If you haven't tried a whipplecharged TBI engine, you owe it to yourself to check it out. The torque is amazing and the driveability and economy are outstanding. The polished whipples go's for $3995.00, here is your chance to own one for much less. $2000.00

I do have a 89 TBI 454 with wiring harness and computerfor this supercharger, Heads where freshened up with Manley Severe Duty/Pro Flo valves less then 2000 miles ago, strong runner, all accessories, drive it before I pull it!!!
TH400 - Good running 2wd fixed yoke, drive it before I pull it!!!

Price make me a offer have any goodys to trade??? Im open,
Matt (419) 779-6282
I live about 5 min. from Toledo Oh. 43528

Last edited by DaPlumber; 09-10-2005 at 10:12 AM.
DaPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
Jimbo*
Supporting Member

i Trader: (27 )

Price???????????????
Location???????????????
Jimbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Posted in reply to Jimbo*'s post starting "Price??????????????? :confused: ..."
big94gmc
Supporting Member
Coming to YOUR town soon!

i Trader: (5 )

$500. I'll even come pick it all up.

--'94 GMC Sierra 2wd, 5.7, NV3500, 3.73, 6" RCD, 33" ProComp, stereo
--'95 GMC Sonoma 4x4, 4.3, 4L60e, 203/205 trip stick, f&r D60's, 4.10 welded/Detroit, and 38" SX's on H1's
--'04 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.9, NV5600, 273, 3.73, 3" ProComp, 22.5 Aloca's, some goodies

"NO!! I DON'T want to press 1 for English!..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPF View Post
while I was hittin' it from behind I fired up a cigarette and put an ashtray on her back.
big94gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Posted in reply to big94gmc's post starting "$500. I'll even come pick it all up."
DaPlumber

Yes, you can come and get the 454 today, But for $500.00 your going to have to help pull it!!!! LOL
Old 09-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Posted in reply to big94gmc's post starting "$500. I'll even come pick it all up."
big94gmc
Supporting Member
Coming to YOUR town soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPlumber
Price make me a offer....Im open

Quote:
Originally Posted by big94gmc
$500. I'll even come pick it all up.

No, no, no....that was my offer. And I have cash in hand.

--'94 GMC Sierra 2wd, 5.7, NV3500, 3.73, 6" RCD, 33" ProComp, stereo
--'95 GMC Sonoma 4x4, 4.3, 4L60e, 203/205 trip stick, f&r D60's, 4.10 welded/Detroit, and 38" SX's on H1's
--'04 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.9, NV5600, 273, 3.73, 3" ProComp, 22.5 Aloca's, some goodies

"NO!! I DON'T want to press 1 for English!..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPF View Post
while I was hittin' it from behind I fired up a cigarette and put an ashtray on her back.
big94gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
K5Glazier

Interested in the supercharger. Got any pics of it installed. Is it a direct
bolt on? I have a '93 454 completely stock. Any other items I may need?
Also shipping rates to Phoenix, Az.
thanks
Joe
K5Glazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Posted in reply to K5Glazier's post starting "Interested in the supercharger. Got any..."
DaPlumber

Cool

You need to see what ECM number you have. You need one ending In 747. You get every thing you need, Fuel pump new belt and the pulleys bolts!! All you would have to do Is get new TB gaskets two of them and a chip for your ECM you can get one for under $150.00 for you application, Can help you out with that!! You can call me for more Info (419) 779-6282 Matt

Want big top end speed, dramatically improved cruising speeds and ability to plane faster? How about not having to sacrifice reliability, durability and idle? What about ultimate bragging rights to owning one of the most incredible looking and technologically advanced marine engines? Sound too good to be true? Well its not, Whipple has the supercharger system for you. The Whipple SC System will give you all the torque and horsepower your heart desires. With 6lbs. of intercooled boost, your power will increase nearly 50%! Skeptics say, “what about idle?” With a modest 5-6lbs. of boost, your stock power will increase nearly 50%!

The looks and OEM like idling are only part of the package, the performance will put an ear-to-ear grin on your face. Because of the unique twin-screw SC design, the Whipple Charger can generate full boost at any rpm, just the touch of the throttle and you have instant power. Roll into the throttles and feel the g-forces push you back in your seat while the sound of an F-16 fighter jet comes too life. You’ll turn your once docile boat into a pure addreneline rush while putting other boats in their place when they “try” to run by you.

Skeptics say, “Well you can’t have low end torque and top-end horsepower!” Yet again, the facts differ, most don’t know that the screw compressor is one of the most efficient superchargers ever built. What does this mean? Massive torque levels that are simply unmatchable while simultaneously producing mind-boggling horsepower. No other supercharger in the world can offer this type of torque down low with the incredible top end horsepower. Who wants to wait for the power when you can have it instantly!

WHIPPLE'S SUPERIOR ENGINEERING:

Other companies claim to be leaders, but the facts are simple, Whipple Superchargers are years ahead of the competition in all the testing aspects. Each Whipple SC System comes with a recalibrated stock ECU that has all the proper modifications to control idle, fuel, spark and most importantly, diagnostics such as knock control. Only Whipple can modify your stock 555 ECU to work with the supercharger. Most companies today just offer a “FMU” which is just a glorified way of not having much control. With today’s factory ECU’s gaining sophistication, “FMU’s” are simply unsafe and unpredictable in the marine environment. Stock calibrations were never intended for force induction, with this being said, knowing every parameter in the ECU (nearly impossible), you could not ensure proper operation in all intended circumstances, especially without the proper instrumentation. Some companies actually give you a “window” for fuel pressure settings, some can vary 10-15lbs. This is simply staggering, your engine could vary over 2 full air fuel ratios! Most OEM engines cannot take the abuse of being wrong, how do you know which way to vary, why is it not precise and accurate?

No other supercharger company has more money invested in state-of-the-art dynamometers that include cylinder-to-cylinder air fuel sensors as well as full combustion analysis. Whipple spends millions of dollars every year in research and development, constantly doing whatever it takes to stay on the cutting edge of technology. When you install and run one of our systems, you’ll see first hand the amount of engineering and technology that goes into every system.

WHIPPLE'S SUPERIOR PACKAGING:

Simple fitment is always a given when it comes to a Whipple SC system, but what is very unique and equally important, the look. Were talking about boats here! Why would you want a gizmo hanging from the side, not matching the factory fit and finish when you could have something that looks OEM installed with superior performance? Whipple SC systems are well thought out and are made to fit in even the most non-applicable applications. With a matching black finish, the Whipple system has again set the standards in the marine industry. Only 2.75” is needed in front of your engine and the SC is the same height as your factory engine cover, a perfect fit for almost all applications..

SOME EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

• Up to 50% horsepower increase

• EXCLUSIVE reprogrammed ECM for complete engine management including fuel, spark and detonation protection

• Instant boost, no lag as does centrifugals

• Cupronickel intercooler for complete corrosion resistance

• Heavy duty intercooler design for increased durability and reliability

• Throttle body injection creates liquid intercooling for even lower air temperatures, increased power and reliability

• Ultra efficient 2.3 Liter axial Whipple Charger

• Flat torque curve across wide RPM range

• Completely self contained oiling system

• Most efficient supercharger on the market

• Easy to install without internal engine modifications

• Supercharger has lowest noise level in industry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 454.jpg (57.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 454 2.jpg (53.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 454 3.jpg (55.1 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by DaPlumber; 09-15-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Posted in reply to DaPlumber's post starting "You need to see what ECM number you..."
ccj8008
Supporting Member

I,m still interested. Pm'd you.
ccj8008 is offline   Reply With Quote