K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > Technical Discussion > S-Series Blazer/Jimmy/Truck

Remove these ads.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
TruckNutzDude

i Trader: (10 )

S10 with full width axles

I'm gathering the parts for my '91 S10 Blazer axle swap. I'd like some pics with full width D60/14 bolt if anyone has them. I'm looking for info on springs and such as well as backspacing on rims and tire sizes. I'll be running H1's with 3.75" backspace and 44's, probably on 52" fronts and 63" rears.
TruckNutzDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Posted in reply to TruckNutzDude's post "S10 with full width axles"
sled_dog

i Trader: (3 )

Here is my S10 project. 52"s up front, and coils with 4 link out back. I forget exactly but front axle was at least 6" forward I think. D60 with stock wheels and tires off some 8 lug pickup, so fairly deep backspacing.

Hope these help a little. She is long gone so nothing else I can do. I look weird minus tattoos...
sled_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Posted in reply to TruckNutzDude's post "S10 with full width axles"
TruckNutzDude

It looks like you extended the frame up front a few inches but that gives me a very good idea of how much lift I'll get with my 52" springs. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
sled_dog

i Trader: (3 )

Yea, probably extended the frame a good 6" forward as well. Forgot about that. To get the rear spring mount where I wanted it, required that. Problem is the springs fall right about under the frame rail with the full width. So to get a desirable caster angle and not have the rear springs mounting WAY low(read more lift) I had to do that. The shackles mounted on the slope of the frame before it flattened out. Made it sit much lower than the truck would have otherwise. But required the extended front frame. I'd recommend if going with leaf springs, don't use 52" unless you want to go tall. Use like front K5 springs or something like Rancho 44044s. Something shorter so you won't have to extend the frame and kill approach angle. As well if I did it again, I would probably try a front shackle setup, would be easier to stay low and get a good caster angle.
sled_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Posted in reply to sled_dog's post starting "Yea, probably extended the frame a good..."
b454rat

i Trader: (7 )

You could also use stock S-10 rear springs. They are 52" but center pin is offset, IIRC 2-3". With the axle moved forward 2-3", it puts the rear hanger up inside the framerail.

Check out this thread, lots of info. If I build mine up, it will be setup like this....

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=98928
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Posted in reply to b454rat's post starting "You could also use stock S-10 rear..."
TruckNutzDude

I was thinking of a front shackle to keep it lower. I do have a set of 6" lift front chevy springs, if I can get them up against the frame in the front and between the rails in the rear I might go with that setup. I do need some lift to clear my tires because I'd like to keep my headlights. My reasoning for 52" front springs is that I have them and they are still bolted to my axle from my previous truck (even the mounts are still there).

I've done some searching, has anyone put 44" tires on an s-10? Best I've found so far was 39.5" IROK's.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Posted in reply to b454rat's post starting "You could also use stock S-10 rear..."
throttleissues
Supporting Member
All-around prick

i Trader: (9 )

GM of the month Winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by b454rat View Post
You could also use stock S-10 rear springs. They are 52" but center pin is offset, IIRC 2-3". With the axle moved forward 2-3", it puts the rear hanger up inside the framerail.

Check out this thread, lots of info. If I build mine up, it will be setup like this....

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=98928
My stock rear s-10 springs are 56". That's 26" in the front and 30" in the back, just like a fullsize, but with fewer leaves. Are yours different?
BTW great link, I was diggin' that build.
Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up. Easy as 1, 2, 3.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtaf View Post
Just dont ride with throttleissues, he doesn't believe in left turn lights and runs them all
throttleissues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Posted in reply to throttleissues's post starting "My stock rear s-10 springs are 56"...."
b454rat

i Trader: (7 )

Everywhere I've read the rears are 52s??? I thought about running the 56s, long side to the rear, puts the shackle farther back on the inside of the frame.

I'm at a standstill with mine for a couple reasons, but should find out tomorrow what the fate of it is...
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Posted in reply to b454rat's post starting "Everywhere I've read the rears are..."
ssyork
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

GM of the month Winner
Don't know if you're still looking but here is my junk with full widths. Granted it's a full size frame but you can see how the body and axles look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_IMG_0156.jpg (35.0 KB, 351 views)
ssyork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Posted in reply to ssyork's post starting "Don't know if you're still looking but..."
big94gmc
Supporting Member
Coming to YOUR town soon!

i Trader: (5 )

Here's mine coming together at JVFab. Don't ask for details for build pics yet....gonna wait until it's completely done to do that. This is more or less a teaser.

--'94 GMC Sierra 2wd, 5.7, NV3500, 3.73, 6" RCD, 33" ProComp, stereo
--'95 GMC Sonoma 4x4, 4.3, 4L60e, 203/205 trip stick, f&r D60's, 4.10 welded/Detroit, and 38" SX's on H1's
--'04 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.9, NV5600, 273, 3.73, 3" ProComp, 22.5 Aloca's, some goodies

"NO!! I DON'T want to press 1 for English!..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPF View Post
while I was hittin' it from behind I fired up a cigarette and put an ashtray on her back.
big94gmc is offline   Reply With Quote