K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Garage

Remove these ads.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Loweguy

i Trader: (0 )

Military Chevy Blazer D10 questions

hi all,

I am a car dealer and have come across several mid-80's D10 Blazers that are available through a GSA auction. I am considering purchasing one...may buy more if I think that i can resell them. The reason for my post is that they are 86's, powered by a 6.2L diesel. All have under 60k original miles...and I'm trying to find out the specs on these trucks? My bet is that they are heavier duty than the regular Blazers of the same vintage...but a google search yielded nothing useful.

Any ideas on these? I need a winter truck and think these might make a great off-road/winter vehicle and maybe there would be some other folks who want to own one. They are from the South and therefore are likely showing minimal rust...and usually they have been maintained.

Thoughts??? Any info or sources of info would be most appreciated!
Loweguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
dstang97

i Trader: (0 )

go to www.steelsoldiers.com anything you want to know but search first before posting over there they get a little mad at some questions
dstang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
dremu
Supporting Member
Official Thread Derailer

i Trader: (7 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loweguy View Post
hi all,

I am a car dealer and have come across several mid-80's D10 Blazers that are available through a GSA auction. I am considering purchasing one...may buy more if I think that i can resell them. The reason for my post is that they are 86's, powered by a 6.2L diesel. All have under 60k original miles...and I'm trying to find out the specs on these trucks? My bet is that they are heavier duty than the regular Blazers of the same vintage...but a google search yielded nothing useful.

Any ideas on these? I need a winter truck and think these might make a great off-road/winter vehicle and maybe there would be some other folks who want to own one. They are from the South and therefore are likely showing minimal rust...and usually they have been maintained.

Thoughts??? Any info or sources of info would be most appreciated!
That there is the M1009 CUCV. The "D10" designation is only used on the VIN's, so you won't find much searching on that.

It is basically the same as the civvy Blazers, with few exceptions: no carpet, no AC, the TH400 tranny (otherwise only used in 3/4- and 1-ton trucks), and a whacked out half-12 half-24 volt electrical system.

They also have 3.08:1 gears that give them great freeway fuel economy and no off-the-line grunt.

Note that all the other CUCV's (M1008, 1028, 1010, etc) are based on the 1-ton pickups and are very heavy duty, but the Blazers are basically stock 1/2 ton.

Not to downtalk them; I had one for some time, loved it, only sold it 'cuz I needed the money.

-- A
1974 K5: Urban Smurf camo. Half cab. All the modern conveniences: Antilock doors (soft top) * Practically zero emissions (doesn't run mostly) * Heated seats (after burritos) * Dual-zone climate control (windows AND top open) * Airbag (okay, windbag, behind the wheel ) * Crumple zones (my shed) * Traction Control (Detroit, ARB, light right foot)

Sales info, colors, options and more on my Brochures page

The redneck torque wrench: tighten until it breaks, then back off half a turn.
dremu is offline   Reply With Quote