K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Garage

Remove these ads.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
corelokt

i Trader: (0 )

HydroBoost rebuild kit

Got the fluid down the firewall blues. I need to find a kit to replace the blown seal. Anyone know where to get one, or the part number? There's something on ebaie, but I don't know what will fit mine.
1986 Chevy Blazer, 6.2L diesel, CUCV.
corelokt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Posted in reply to corelokt's post "HydroBoost rebuild kit"
corelokt

Hydro-Boost Repair Kit (Exact Duplicate) 277100

Is this correct?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Posted in reply to corelokt's post starting "Hydro-Boost Repair Kit (Exact..."
corelokt

Anyone?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Posted in reply to corelokt's post starting "Anyone?"
Kjunky5

i Trader: (2 )

You're braver than I am. I would be a little nervous around the high pressure nitrogen assist cylinder thingy (or big spring for some early ones). Autozone has reman ones for 84.99 with a lifetime warranty. I know you probably just need a seal but when it comes to brakes I take no chances. </my$0.02>
Kjunky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Posted in reply to Kjunky5's post starting "You're braver than I am. I would be a..."
cdoggwsu
Supporting Member

i Trader: (4 )

Any other recommendations here? Mine is leaking at the brake pedal push rod inside the cab...goodbye carpet.

The reman is like 130 bucks at the local O'Reilly's and I was unable to find a rebuild kit there.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee | 5.9/46RE/NV249 | 2.25" Skyjacker Budget Boost Spacers(Garbage!)/Toyo Open Country AT
cdoggwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Posted in reply to cdoggwsu's post starting "Any other recommendations here? Mine..."
mosesburb
Supporting Member
For Rent

i Trader: (5 )

GM of the month Winner
I bought my kit from the dealer a few years ago. I can't help more than that other than to say that it is NOT a complete kit (GM does not make a complete kit, nor do they have all of the seals available). It does have the input seal, piston seal, the "8" shaped body seal and a couple others, but there are a couple o-rings that are not included. If you only have to do the input seal, then do it, the piston seal and the case seal and you will have enough in the kit (these are the most common seals to leak). If your accumulator is not leaking, leave it alone as the only way to get that o-ring is to buy an accumulator from GM. Deplete the accumulator before you pull the hydroboost from the truck, but just leave it assembled while you do the rest. It is a pretty straight-forward job, no real tricks to it (other than finding a parts guy at GM that can find a kit). The factory service manual has a good description of the procedure.

The only place I ever found the kit was from GM. I could not find any evidence that any p/s or brake manufacturer has ever offered/manufactured one.

Just rack the 12 gauge and unleash some double ought hate and discontent on their wretched souls. -BRB 15 Nov 2004

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
-Thomas Paine
mosesburb is offline   Reply With Quote