K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Garage

Remove these ads.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
78 Bonanza

i Trader: (0 )

Fall Guy Truck Replica

Guys,

Not sure if anyone has posted a thread on the Fall Guy truck before but I have been restoring a 1979 GMC sierra classic from the ground up. I have ordered and replaced everything and have built an NV4500-NP205 to go behind a 350 I built just for this truck. Just about every piece of the motor is chrome and I have replaced every body panel that was bad. I have rust bulleted the entire frame, chassis, and all inner body panels and coated with gloss black paint. Everything is rebuilt or brand new. I was going to paint the truck black with charcoal grey when I began having serious health problems. And as you know it takes a lot of cash to finish a nice project and doctors aren't cheap. I have decided to give the truck to my son just in case this is my last restoration, so I want to make it really special for him! I always loved the truck from the Fall Guy and wanted one from the first time I saw the show. I know my year is diffrent than the main truck used but I still like the way it looked. What I need to know is what size the tires were and what size rim. I am sure that they were 35's from watching the show again and the rims look to be 16's. I also need to know if the truck had a 4" or 6" lift. I need to know what color the paint scheme was on the later truck as that was the nicest one. I also need to know if anyone has the brush guard or roll bar (long bed) to fit this truck. And if you may have the rims I need. I hate to post my problems but have searched the net and can't find any defianite answers to my questions and am running short on time. I appreciate any help you guys can give!

Thanks a million,
78 Bonanza
78 Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Posted in reply to 78 Bonanza's post "Fall Guy Truck Replica"
sponsoredbydad
Supporting Member
Dune Slaying Sand Junkie

i Trader: (1 )

GM of the month Winner
Here Ya go. The fall guy's truck
For more Info just Google . The web is full of wondrous worthless information!

DESCRIPTION: Colt's truck was an early 1980s GMC 4x4 pickup. It had a 4-inch lift and 38-inch Dick Cepeck off-road tires mounted on a 16-inch chrome wagon style wheel. The truck also had a custom-made chrome roll bar mounted with 4 off-road lights, and a custom chrome grille guard mounted with 2 off-road lights and a Warn winch. One unusual characteristic was a secret compartment in the truck's bed, which was used to stash away villains or to hide weapons. The vehicle was painted brown and tan two-tone; it had an eagle painted on the hood with the phrase "Fall Guy Stuntman Association" underneath. The truck was very often involved in high-speed chases and huge jumps. As a result, it became very popular, especially with children, and numerous toy and model versions were produced. During the show's run, the stunts took their toll on the trucks, so several different year model trucks are used during the show's initial run. As a result, there are some inconsistencies in the episodes. For instance, in the pilot episode the truck (a 1980 model) has two square headlights and a light tan interior. For the remainder of the series, it almost always had the quad headlight configuration of the 1981 and newer models, with a dark brown interior. The truck always appeared to be a long bed model, but in a couple of episodes a short bed model was used. After destroying several trucks due to the huge jumps, a custom built jump truck was built as a solution. It had a reinforced frame and axles, and a mid-mounted engine. This greatly reduced the number of trucks scrapped during the show's production. At the end of the series, the remaining trucks were either auctioned or given away in a contest. It is unknown how many still exist or their whereabouts, but one of them was sold on eBay in 2003.

It's not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" gravity will kick your ass

4 Low makes me go slow, That's why I Fly, 4Hi
sponsoredbydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Bogger Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponsoredbydad View Post
Here Ya go. The fall guy's truck
For more Info just Google . The web is full of wondrous worthless information!

DESCRIPTION: Colt's truck was an early 1980s GMC 4x4 pickup. It had a 4-inch lift and 38-inch Dick Cepeck off-road tires mounted on a 16-inch chrome wagon style wheel. The truck also had a custom-made chrome roll bar mounted with 4 off-road lights, and a custom chrome grille guard mounted with 2 off-road lights and a Warn winch. One unusual characteristic was a secret compartment in the truck's bed, which was used to stash away villains or to hide weapons. The vehicle was painted brown and tan two-tone; it had an eagle painted on the hood with the phrase "Fall Guy Stuntman Association" underneath. The truck was very often involved in high-speed chases and huge jumps. As a result, it became very popular, especially with children, and numerous toy and model versions were produced. During the show's run, the stunts took their toll on the trucks, so several different year model trucks are used during the show's initial run. As a result, there are some inconsistencies in the episodes. For instance, in the pilot episode the truck (a 1980 model) has two square headlights and a light tan interior. For the remainder of the series, it almost always had the quad headlight configuration of the 1981 and newer models, with a dark brown interior. The truck always appeared to be a long bed model, but in a couple of episodes a short bed model was used. After destroying several trucks due to the huge jumps, a custom built jump truck was built as a solution. It had a reinforced frame and axles, and a mid-mounted engine. This greatly reduced the number of trucks scrapped during the show's production. At the end of the series, the remaining trucks were either auctioned or given away in a contest. It is unknown how many still exist or their whereabouts, but one of them was sold on eBay in 2003.
And I thought people only cared about the "General Lee"! It was a cool truck though. A friend of mine had one that looked like that minus the eagle and he had modular wheels that were gold in the center and chrome on the outer.
Bogger Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Posted in reply to Bogger Man's post starting "And I thought people only cared about..."
yellowK20

i Trader: (5 )

this is my "Fall-guy truck"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0602081834.jpg (352.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.JPG (1.88 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 386075-R1-010-3A.jpg (1.66 MB, 3 views)
yellowK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Posted in reply to yellowK20's post starting "this is my "Fall-guy truck""
chevydan3

I sold this truck 3 years ago to a guy in Texas who was going to build a Fall Guy replica out of it.

chevydan3 is offline   Reply With Quote