K5 Blazer Forums  
Home of the 1969-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans.  
Go Back   CK5 Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge > The Political Party

Remove these ads.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
mtnman
Supporting Member
Scrap metal fabricator

i Trader: (0 )

Disband the USMC??

Heard a comment on Michael Savage today - Obama is planning to shut down the USMC?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#176 -

I swear to protect and defend the Constitution of The United States, from all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help me God.

MOLON LABE
To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.
Lincoln, Abraham

Time to party like its 1776!

I am NOT perfect.... But, I am FORGIVEN!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Remove these ads.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Posted in reply to mtnman's post "Disband the USMC??"
62 fat guy
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

Zombies on the doorstep, get rid of the pitbull??

sounds about right for these guys....
Old 06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Posted in reply to mtnman's post "Disband the USMC??"
rcamacho
Supporting Member

i Trader: (4 )

Sounds like bull**** scare tactics to me.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Posted in reply to rcamacho's post starting "Sounds like bull**** scare tactics to..."
jekbrown
Supporting Member
Security Professional

i Trader: (5 )

Article Contributor
since the DHS considers all marine vets to be potential domestic terrorists, would this be a case of "creating more terrorists than you destroy"? I say 'bring it on, Obama', try to take the Marines out. Plenty of others have tried, and I suspect he wouldn't be the last.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronaldus Magnus.

my 85 K5
jekbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Posted in reply to jekbrown's post starting "since the DHS considers all marine vets..."
62 fat guy
Supporting Member

i Trader: (1 )

I work on a Marine Corps air station (Cherry Point)....It ain't happening.

They're building all over, bringing in new work, hell, we have helos lined up on the fence awaiting overhaul.

Haven't had that since before 9-11.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Posted in reply to 62 fat guy's post starting "I work on a Marine Corps air station..."
scottishdave
Supporting Member

i Trader: (3 )

GM of the month Winner
Ha Ha...yeah buddy, oooooookay.

How many POS presidents have tried to get rid of us and failed???

Uncle Sams Misguided Children aint going anywhere, sorry Obama. Without us who would win all the wars around this joint? the girl scouts *cough* i mean Army?

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do, his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause. Still want to quit?"
scottishdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Posted in reply to scottishdave's post starting "Ha Ha...yeah buddy, oooooookay. How..."
jekbrown
Supporting Member
Security Professional

Article Contributor
yeah, but to Obama, the US "winning wars" is part of the problem.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronaldus Magnus.

my 85 K5
Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Posted in reply to jekbrown's post starting "yeah, but to Obama, the US "winning..."
scottishdave
Supporting Member

i Trader: (3 )

GM of the month Winner
I dont think that the public, any political figure with common sence or even other high ranking officials from other branches with common sence will stand for it.

Even though most of these people may not understand the USMC, they are probably slightly affraid of it, Wouldnt want a Marine over for dinner and probably view us all as mindless drunken killers...The one thing i think most understand is that this country needs the Marine Corps.

Not anything against the Army, but short of all SOCOM units and the Rangers, No organization has the fighting spirit, esprit de corps, warrior mindset, killer instincts and proffesionalism BRED into them like the Marine Corps as a whole does. Even a female supply Marine on a convoy will be up on the gun just itchin to kill something. There are no jessica lynch or other stories of Marines surrendering, even the rear-echelon types will die before giving up.

A group of animals like that are an absolute neccesity to the defense of a country.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do, his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause. Still want to quit?"
scottishdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Posted in reply to jekbrown's post starting "yeah, but to Obama, the US "winning..."
ChrisN

i Trader: (0 )

Yeah, presidents have been considerin this since Christ was a Corporal.

Eventually, he is going to wanna send someone an ass kicking without permission from congress. Why the hell would you even consider disbanding the Corps? I keep thinking this guy can't get any more stupid, but then he goes and proves me wrong again!

I can see it now, a couple hundred thousand from active duty and a metric buttload of vets, all with a "new mission"!!! I'd like to see the SS protect him after that!

"You tell him I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me!"
ChrisN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Posted in reply to ChrisN's post starting "Yeah, presidents have been considerin..."
jekbrown
Supporting Member
Security Professional

Article Contributor
met a bunch of rangers in GTMO and I was kind of underwhelmed. I was impressed with how all their gear / weapons were brand new. Other than that... I wouldn't pick 'em over the USMC 03s.

my 85 K5